guess what? someone likes my blog (and when i say my blog, i mean me) enough to give it (me) an award. sarah at no, don’t and stop! thinks i’m funny, real, and honest. i don’t know what kind of crack she’s been smoking, but i want some, and it still feels good to hear someone besides my mother thinks i’m funny.
without further ado, seven things you don’t know about me (i hope there are still things i haven’t already told the entire world):
1. i’ve had two kids, am 60 pounds heavier than i would like to be, and can still do the splits. this is a skill that comes in handy in a variety of situations.
2. i’ve never ridden a horse (except for the odd petting zoo pony). i’m not scared or anything, i just haven’t really cared to try. i’d rather go to barnes and noble.
3. i used to get sent to the principal’s office a lot when i was in elementary school. once, in fifth grade, a boy named greg hit me because i scored a touchdown on him in touch football, and i called him an idiot and kicked him in the nuts. the principal bought me lunch and said i was a funny girl. i guess i wasn’t the only one who though greg peck was a butthole.
4. i burn myself a lot. i have a scar on my arm from when an iron fell on me, another one on my other arm where i rested my forearm on the open oven door (that scar looks like a dorito), and another one where someone else rested an electric lantern on me. i have also burnt my eyebrows, eyelashes, and bangs off. twice.
5. i don’t really like chest hair. on men or women.
6. my middle name is teuila (pronounced tay-WEE-lah). in samoan, teuila means “red ginger.” when one of my dad’s brothers found this out when i was around sixteen, he told me that sounded like a stripper’s name and started spelling my name aleXXXis. and also, my nickname when i was younger was mowgli. yes, like in the jungle book. because i could have been his twin.
7. i can destroy you at boggle. it’s my only talent so don’t try to claim you’re better than me or i might lose it. just trust me, i am a boggle goddess.
and now, i pass the blog love on to some of my favorite bloggers:
1. rachelle at the butterfly chronicles
. i’ve known rachelle for a few years now, and she is a genuinely nice person. i don’t know tons of those, so i hold her close to my heart. and also, she’s an awesome writer with a great sense of style.
2. kate at camelshoes
. she’s got a wicked sense of humor and loves pretty pictures.
3. jill at jillcanblog
. jill’s schedule is insane, yet she still makes time to reply to my lame-azz tweets. and she always makes me laugh with her self-deprication–i love a girl who can make fun of herself.
4. deb at virginia blue
. she’s crafty like you don’t even know, so crafty that she makes me want to start crocheting again, even though the last time i crocheted something it looked like a llama farted a hairball.
5. christine (aka that gal kiki) at i’m here
. she and i have nothing yet much in common. she’s got a lot to say about different issues, and i love hearing her perspective on the things that matter to me, even though her perspective is wildly different from mine. you’ll be amazed at the life she’s had.
6. melissa at suger coat it
. melissa’s from australia, so aside from wanting to be her neighbor because then i wouldn’t live in a state with no coast, i also like the randomness of her thoughts. my adhd appreciates randomness.
7. jess at special kid, special parent
. i love special needs kids, and i respect their parents a great deal. jess writes beautifully about the trials and triumphs of being a special mom, and i always enjoy reading what she has to say.
so there you have it: i am officially a beautiful blogger. go visit these other beautiful blogs and poke around for a minute. you just might find something fun.
and now it’s your turn: i wanna hear something about you. it can be about anything, but it’d better be interesting. it’s monday, which means i need a good laugh or a stiff drink. and since i’m mormon, make me laugh.